New Injection Molding Product Development
The work that is undertaken by a drawing office will differ considerably based on the nature of the industry in which it operates. It usually follows that a design and build job will be structured in a way that specifies stages of development from the moment a potential client inquires about a project to the moment it is delivered.
The purpose of the product will determine many of the activities that will be associated with it.
Many parts of a vehicle will be subcontracted by specialists rather than made by the manufacturer. Electrical components and mechanical parts of the engine need to conform to agreed on specifications, and both need to be regulated accordingly.
Moreover, it must also be designed such that it can be installed in specific locations and must be able to operate in well-defined conditions. To improve the quality and performance of their components, component manufacturers collaborate with the end-users.
- It is common for clients who require a specific product to lack a thorough understanding of details and require the experience and guidance of a specialist producer to clarify initial ideas. The choice between a number of viable options can be narrowed down and firm decisions can be made when a range of viable alternatives are presented.
- According to the duties assigned to a Chief Engineer in a company, it is the design authority’s responsibility to produce the company specifications for a product, including all applicable legislative requirements, which the product will need to address, and the levels of configuration control needed in its life cycle of development. As a designer, he will certainly seek advice in areas that fall outside the scope of his experience and where design is at the forefront of the technological frontier.
- Although it is necessary to prepare a top executive plan carefully, the company must first decide whether or not it wishes to entertain or participate in design proposals available from the client in order to satisfy them. In the case of a firm, while the rewards can be excellent, the company may be unable to provide the level of labor, money, and service requirements necessary in light of the current workload. A firm that falls into this category may simply not want to take on the risk, and for that reason, and given the amount of production capacity available, the firm may not wish to offer for a possible order.
- It is important not to regard drawings at this stage as anything more than provisional. At this stage of primary design, an exercise is needed for aid to thinking through the problems, using contributions from specialists within the firm to determine whether the solution is feasible.CAD (computer-aided design) is a very strong tool at this stage. It is possible to store and manipulate all the information, as defined mathematically, in the system and manipulate it on the display. Upon establishing the basic geometry, variations may be made. The variations may be kept, and in drawing alternative designs, sections of the previous proposals that were considered acceptable may be reused again and again. As soon as the designer completes a development phase, he or she can take a printout of the design so that other technical staff can provide suggestions and comments. During the first stage of the project, it is extremely important to consider the level of configuration control that should be applied. There are instances when the reasons why a decision was taken and why it was not taken (Optional Engineering) need to be recorded in some official format. In order to understand how serious the company is about a firm order received later, it is essential they understand that the order is firm. Commitment to quality goes beyond the technical capability of creating a satisfactory product and also involves the monetary aspects of manufacturing it.
- A preliminary design concept will be completed after the preliminary design work has been completed, but it will be necessary for the customer to approve the concept before further work is undertaken. As part of an assembly that will be large in scale, our product will be combined with another product. Prior to spending money on further development, we need to determine, for example, what the exact dimensions and operational parameters of the product are.
- The next step is to prepare the working drawings if everything goes smoothly. At this stage, we are only aiming to ensure our proposals are in line with the requirements and give the impression that, hopefully, we shall be able to deliver our products. These are not production drawings, only proposals. In fact, the objective at the moment is to create working drawings that will allow us to formulate construction methods.
- For the purpose of ensuring future supplies, a design review is undertaken to ensure that all elements of the design requirements have been incorporated in an economically feasible manner. It is now possible to manufacture either a prototype or a small batch of products. The production methods that will ultimately be used for manufacturing will not be utilized here. It is possible to machine components that may be molded from solids so that casting costs are eliminated.
- A prototype is a tool used to test the functionality of a specification so you can make sure you are able to achieve its operational requirements. It may result in several design changes as a consequence. All aspects of a product’s life cycle are covered by the product tests, which may include the possibility of testing the product under extreme conditions, such as extreme heat and humidity, as well as shock, vibration, and fatigue.
- In order to verify the validity of these tests, we need to demonstrate that they have been performed. We need to conduct a design review and analysis to make sure that every technical aspect and every responsible member of the team will be satisfied with the progress made at this point. Now that the prototype has been evaluated, the production drawing can be started once the performance targets have been confirmed by the prototype. After reviewing the prototype drawings, modifications will be made to allow the full-scale manufacturing processes to be used during production. To make sure that plant can be used as efficiently as possible, it is important to prepare plans for loading and progressing work in the factory. Now it is time to start the documentation process.
- Making the final product after manufacturing the prototype required a variety of modifications and manufacturing processes. As a result, the specifications should be checked to ensure they remain accurate. The design details of the equipment can then be released for full-scale production after trials where it is used in its operational environment and its performance has been exhaustively evaluated.
- As part of the production process, not only is the use of machines necessary, but also the use of many jigs, fixtures, tools, gauges, inspection procedures need to be arranged in advance, as well as additional equipment designed to move materials as required on and off of the production lines. The plant and equipment will eventually experience teething troubles, and samples will be taken to make sure everything is functioning properly. Ultimately, we must eliminate downtime as soon as possible in order for production to continue at full capacity.